Policies & Regulations
Our standard rates are US$15, $18, $20 per night for Dormitory Rooms, plus 9% Hotel Tax, based on single occupancy. Private rooms are US$60-$95 per night, plus 9% Hotel Tax, based on single, double, triple or quadruple occupancy with a minimum of a 2-night stay. All rooms come with air conditioning.
Full payment is due upon registration. Amounts quoted on the reservation form will be quoted in US dollars and will include the 9% hotel tax. Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Credit card payments can be made online with our secure payment account.
Pets are not allowed. The only service animals allowed at Sandbar are Seeing Eye® dogs.
Travel insurance is recommended (but not required) for traveling to Belize, and can be purchased through Travel Guard International: www.travelguard.com.
Private Rooms: 45 Day Cancellation Policy. No refund will be given inside 45 days. A full refund – or credit – will be issued outside 45 days (less credit card fees). There will be a 10% handling charge on all refunds. No refunds for no-shows or unused portions of accommodations or packages. There will be no refunds due to airline delays, strikes, or weather-related delays or cancellations, including hurricanes.
Dorm Rooms: 15-day Cancellation Policy. No refund will be given inside 15 days. A full refund – or credit – will be issued outside 45 days (less credit card fees)
Minimum Stay Policy. Dorms: No minimum stay. Private Rooms: 2-night minimum stay. Exceptions may be considered; please email us for requests.
Discounts. No discounts on rooms given December thru May. Month-long stays in (solely) dorm rooms receive a 10% discount valid June to November.
- Rooms are for the use of Sandbar guests only. If you do plan to have visitors during your stay please register them with management either upon your arrival or during your stay.
- Beach towels are only provided for private room guests
- All of our rooms are non-smoking. Smoking on the balcony is permitted, but please be mindful of other guests. If a guest is found to be smoking within the facility, additional charges will be applied to their credit card.
- Any significant damage to the structure or content by guests may incur additional charges to their credit card.
- Sandbar Hostel is not liable for any delay, loss, injury, death or accident occasioned directly or indirectly with this trip.
- Sandbar Hostel is not responsible for any expense caused by the loss or damage of any personal articles or baggage, the late arrivals of any transportation, or any schedule change or delay. Guests further agree not to hold Sandbar Hostel liable for circumstances beyond its control.
- Due to our policies, it is always a good idea to purchase travel and trip insurance.
Please keep in mind that all U.S. passports must be valid for 6 or more months beyond your date of departure from Belize.